Thursday, June 28, 2007

Another Reason Why Women Confuse Me

Ladies, imagine overhearing your boyfriend/husband/significant other on the phone with someone else and it sounds something like this:


"Honey why you calling me so late? It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying? Is everything okay? I gotta whisper 'cause I
can't be too loud.

Well, my girl's in the next room. Sometimes I wish she was you.
I guess we never really moved on.

It's really good to hear your voice say my name, it sounds so sweet.
Coming from the lips of an angel, hearing those words it makes me weak.
And I never wanna say goodbye but girl you make it hard to be faithful, with the
lips of an angel.

It's funny that you're calling me tonight and, yes, I've dreamt of you too.
And does he know you're talking to me? Will it start a fight? No I don't think
she has a clue.

Well my girl's in the next room. Sometimes I wish she was you. I
guess we never really moved on. It's really good to hear your voice say my
name, it sounds so sweet. Coming from the lips of an angel, hearing those
words it makes me weak. And I never wanna say goodbye, but girl you make
it hard to be faithful, with the lips of an angel.

It's really good to hear your voice say my name, it sounds so sweet.
Coming from the lips of an angel, hearing those words it makes me weak.
And I never wanna say goodbye but girl you make it hard to be faithful, with the
lips of an angel."


What would you think? Other than the obvious: "Why is he conducting a conversation verse-chorus-verse-chorus-chorus format?" Would you be happy? Of course not. But if you hear something like this on the radio from a band called Hinder then you'd go nuts for a song like this. While I have to admit (even if it questions my masculinity) that the chorus is catchy, but it presents yet another reason why women confuse the heck out of me. Why do you like this song? Here's the scenario: this song comes on at work, all women between the ages 14-30 within earshot begin cooing and gasping in an effort to display their fondness for this song.

WHY?

This song is about a guy cheating on his significant other with his ex. Why on earth do women like this song? I guess its the same reason that Crazy B**ch is so popular as well as the thousands of rap songs that objectify women.

Respect yourself women. Oh, and please read Rob Bell's new book Sex God, it has awesome insights on the undeniable link between sexuality & spirituality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I think polite post. Specially the title attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.